All school are required to plan procedures for emergencies where the safety of children is compromised. The aim of these procedures is to ensure that staff and children are secure and in a safe location relevant to the threat. This page gives guidance to parents on how they should act if such a situation arises.
- School will contact parents as soon as is practicable via text and email (ParentPay) that an incident has occurred.
- Parents should not try to contact the school as phone lines need to remain open for emergency services.
- Parents should not come on to the site as this may interfere with the work of the emergency services and/or put themselves and others in danger.
- Parents should wait to be contacted about when it is safe to collect their children,
- Parents will be informed if the lockdown is likely to continue beyond normal school hours.
- If parents do come to the site, under no circumstances will members of staff leave the building to communicate directly with them.
Staff train children in all classes in how to react if an incident requiring children to remain within school occurred. This training happens once a year.
The curriculum is interesting. It motivates learning and promotes pupils' personal development well.